Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Can you hear me now?

“Do you have any questions for me?” Naomi asked. I had a short list of things I wanted to confirm and one of them was “Do you want me to wear a headset when we do Zoom calls?” Naomi said that it might help with sound quality, so I reached over and grabbed a little black pouch that held a Pop Voice mic that Joshua (ASM Communications) had sent to me the year before to help with sound quality for ION/Canada recordings. I thought, “Nice! I will put to good use this gift! And how fun that God would have me using it now as a staff member for the ministry that blessed me just because!”
I plugged it in while we chatted and asked Naomi, “Is the sound quality better?”
“Yes, the hum disappeared.”
Oh, that beastly hum! I then took that foam covered end and placed it in my right ear and asked, “Can you hear me now?”
“Yes!”
I thought, “Oh I do not really want it in my right ear I might pull it out because I am right-handed!” So, pulled it out and looked at it for a split second and realized that it was a lapel mic! A snort, a burst of air, and then spewing laughter overtook me to the point that I could not breathe.
“Uhm, Naomi, do you see what I just did?”
At this she begins to laugh, “I bet you are quite prepared for the radio podcasts!”
Oh, my! I cannot stop laughing. I probably lost a few pounds from the laughter! In case you did not get it, I put the mic in my ear and asked, “Can you hear me now?”

No comments:

Post a Comment