This was the first time in my life I heard about seeking the people of peace. I had read the passage numerous times, but in this moment I caught the truth found in Matthew 10:13.
It's been a couple of days since I had time to do an evangelism Story so, today, I wanted us to turn to Jesus and see what He expected of the disciples. Remember, we want to examine the action words that we are able to do today.
As I read Matthew 10:5-13, I circled the action words that Jesus commaned the disciples to do when they went to go share the good knows about Jesus.
Please keep in mind in verse 1 it says that Jesus gave them all authority to go and do the miraculous.
1. Go in Jesus' authority not your own.
3. Proclaim the kingdom of heaven.
What is the kingdom of heaven?
It is God 's dwelling place.
You are invited to join Him through Jesus.
Believe in Jesus and you are a part of the kingdom of heaven.
This means you will repent of yours sins and move from darkness to light.
4. Heal the sick. This is God's work. Our role is pray for it in faith.
5. Raise people up from spiritual death.
6. Cleanse those that are ostracized and bring them back into community.
7. Give freely the truths you have been given.
8. Find worthy people. These are tge people of peace that are willing to let you share about Jesus.
9. Stay with the worthy people and disciple them.
10. Greet with a spirit of welcome.
11. Give your peace to those that are ready to receive.
12. Hold your peace and move on if a person is not open to receiving the truth about Jesus.