Sunday, April 4, 2021

Two Types of Partnerships are revealed at the Tomb of the Risen LORD

A few thoughts occur to me as I reflect on Easter Day. Why are we so willing to participate in lies or believe a lie instead of truth? Why are we so willing to be deceived by our governing authorities rather than live in freedom? Why are we willing to be a partner in spreading those lies? I recently discovered that to partner with someone based on the Greek definition means to have fellowship in communication, distribution, and communion. Wozer! This really makes you think about the who you partner with and the what of what you do and say. As you listen to the Easter story consider those that chose to partner in the lies. When the Roman soldiers told the religious leaders what happened, the religious leaders told them we will give you money to go tell a lie. And as if that wasn't bad enough the religious leaders said to not be afraid because if the governor doesn't believe, we will pay him off, too. Oh my! They were willing to place themselves at the table of those who deceive. I always wondered how they trusted anyone since they so willingly went around supporting a lie. What a horrible way to live.

Now for the beautiful and positive side of partnership. While Jesus was dead in the tomb the two Mary's demonstrated the beauty of their fellowship with Jesus. They planned to go care for His body as soon as Sabbath ended. Because of their partnership with Jesus, they were allowed the privilege of being surprised by God! Have you ever been surprised by God? I can testify it is amazing. I find He does this for me daily as I seek fellowship that falls in the communion level. This means we are willing to sit and eat together. This is where life gives way to life. I love that these two women were allowed to see the angel casually perched on a rock. Oh how I wonder what his expression was like or the delight he felt waiting for this auspicious moment when he had the privilege to say, "I know you have come to see Jesus, but He is not here!  He is risen!" I don't know which is better, to be the one being surprised or to be the giver of the surprise! Both are amazing! Both are born in the gift of partnership. Both are willing to say, "Yes! I will sit and dine with You and listen to what You have to say so that I might be Your instrument to communicate and distribute Your truth." Beloved, in Greek that is KOINONIA! Koinonia is partnership. It relates. The two women did not disappoint! They ran immediately to go tell the others! They now get to be the wondrous giver of the truth! He is risen! 

So on this Easter Sunday two thousand years later I wonder, who do you partner with in your heart and life? What do you partner your mind and does it give life or take life? Does it build up or tear down?

As for me and my house we invite you to come and see, "He is risen!" He is risen, indeed! Join us in celebrating our risen Savior! 

Shalom y'all!

Click on the link to discover the two types of partnerships that took place surrounding Jesus' death:

Easter Sunday: The day Jesus rises from the grave

No comments:

Post a Comment