Sunday, February 19, 2023

How do you use symbols to recall a Bible story?

A common question I am asked is, "How do you recall stories that have abstract concepts?""

I created this video to teach recall using symbols. 

I use John 3 as the passage to recall and explain my choice of symbol.

The key is to remember that what I create to help me with my recall is not what you might create. That is okay. This is about you creating what will enable you to remember a chunk of information. It is not about being an artist, and it is not about you using the art with others. However, if it is done simply and intuitively, it will help someone else with recall, but keep in mind they will need your explanation. 

Art has been used through the centuries to help with story recall.  This method is intended for the storyteller that is seeking to remember well. It is not about being a master artist. We will leave the spirit of awe to the Michael Angelo's of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment