Saturday, June 19, 2021

What will bring hope where you dwell?


Have you ever felt the weight of a mental pit? Or the oppression of a location and situation that put you in a pit of despair? Or dealt with the cloak of gloating by enemies around you? David knew these well. 

Yet, David chose to focus his mind on higher things.  In Psalm 30, David reminds us that praise places us in high places. David shows us how hope rises in those who dwell in thanksgiving. 

It is my choice in how I dwell. It is not a location or the people but my heart and what I bring to the space. If I choose to exalt God and acknowledge all He has already done, I will know hope rising in me. 

How can you praise God today? I get it. Sometimes it is so much easier to focus on the ugh, but choose to speak praise and acknowledge the goodness of God even when you really do not want to. It will lift you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment