Monday, June 7, 2021

Heaven's Hospitality: Welcoming someone who is not like me. Genesis 18:1-10

This series has had a tremendous impact on my life and my family's lives. As I did the research for the one not like me I discovered that the LORD actually provides us with an ethic we should live by as we serve those around us. I found that the Bible Dictionary stated that there were five ethics of hospitality that the people were expected to live by in the ancient biblical middle east. What surprised me was that when I studied Bible stories using these five ethics as my lens, I saw that blessing came to those that honored and did not to those that did not. It was quite profound. I am seeking to grow in my gift of hospitality. This is born from the reality that I had much to learn. So, please do not think that I am an expert. I am far from it. I am merely a student in the journey of growing and seeking to hold sacred that which God does reveal to me. I pray this series blesses you as much as it has blessed me. Shalom y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment