Saturday, November 28, 2020

Ancient of Days

Ancient of Days... respect, honor, beauty, power, authority, justice, dominion, kingdom, judgment, reign, glory... these are a few of the words that come to mind. I have always found great comfort and deep affection for this name of God. I visualize a weathered older man with a big flowing white beard sitting and waiting for those who seek him. His lap and arms are always welcoming and his chest is the best place to rest a weary head. As my head lay upon his chest, I can hear the rhythm of his heart beat. Comforting love envelopes me and I know it is a love not just for me but for all nations. Every tongue and tribe. I am not afraid of His power or authority because He is good and He is kind. He is the Ancient of Days.

No comments:

Post a Comment