Saturday, December 16, 2023

Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem

The week before Israel was attacked my family went to see the movie Route 60 which is about the Biblical Highway from Bethlehem to Beersheba. While watching the movie God gave me a visual of a painting that I should paint. I literally started crying as I saw the image in my mind. We never really understand why God speaks to us and most of the time it can't be explained. 

God reminded me of my desire to paint the Western Wall also known as the Wailing Wall because people go there to pray to God. It is believed to be the holiest place to pray because of location, but also because it is believed the holy presence of God never leaves this place.

I have prayed there on four different occasions. I remember being humbled by people walking backwards when they were done praying so they did not turn their back to the wall out of respect to God. The prayers stuffed in the wall intrigued me. I saw people from many nations honoring the place and space as holy. I knew a wonder and awe that never left me. Mostly because God was teaching me so much about His love for the nations through these trips. 

I started my sketch that weekend based off this photo. I wanted to paint a picture that reminded us to pray for the Peace of Jerusalem. How little did I know that war would break out soon in Israel.
I have prayed and worshipped as I painted this painting. I have prayed for the peace of Jerusalem and the protection of the innocent on both sides of the wall. God is for the peace of anyone who is for Him. God hates evil and desires all to know Him. I have cried as I painted this and I have rejoiced in the LORD. 

The little bird is to remind us of peace. This year God has used birds to minister to my soul in a deep way. I pray the bird causes us to want to abide under the Vine. It is in Jesus that we know the Prince of Peace. This is our shelter and where fruit is born. I wanted all the leaves over the bird to symbolize that those who abide in Him know good fruit. Those that don't are like the barren side of the painting.

I hope to paint more scenes as God allows. I am so thankful for the gift of creative worship and prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment