Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Jesus' Baby Dedication

As I prepared to study Jesus's baby dedication or presentation at the temple I thought, "I don't think there will be much for me to take away." LOL! God loves these moments in my life. I don't know why they still show up in my head, but they do and He always shows me how wrong I am. LOL!

I had never paid attention to all the descriptions of Jesus in this passage. I discovered 12! Seriously! Wozer!

Well, I just started listing more in my head...
Baby
Jesus
Messiah
Consolation
Comforter
Salvation
Light
Glory
Lifter
Lowered
Revealer 
Redeemer
Strong
Wise Counselor
Grace
Some are listed directly and others are implied. But. OH MY! 

No wonder Simeon and Anna's responses were Thanksgiving and praise! 

What I love I'd that they saw Jesus!  Am I looking to see Him?  Do I seek Him out in my day? And once I meet Him do I do what Simeon did bless those that brought Him to me?  Or do I do what Anna did and go tell those that are looking for redemption about Him? 

I love that seeing Jesus brings out praise, blessings, thanksgiving, and telling of Him. 

We cannot share about what we do not know! But when we do know we can't help buy pour it out. It just overflows!

No comments:

Post a Comment